This website traces the genealogies of several family groups. You can access them by using the search function to the left or by clicking on one of the links below (which will go to the person in a new tab in your browser). Once you are at an individual record, you can navigate to the person's descendants or ancestors by clicking on the appropriate tab at the top of the individual record. Here are the families on this site:
The Simon family of Willebadessen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany and its descendants in America. In addition to the short-cut button at the top of this screen, you may want to access the family by starting with the earliest known ancestor, Levin Gregor Benedikt Simon (1713-1771), or Bernard Simon (1858-1948), who emigrated to Baltimore and is the ancestor of the largest group of Levin's descendants in America.
The Gibmeyer, Schütte, and Zarnitz families of Baltimore, Maryland, which intermarried into the Simon family.
- Several Hurd families from Kent County, Delaware, and Caroline County, Maryland:
- The descendants of William Hurd (died 1799), who first appears in public records in 1776 in Caroline County, Maryland, near what is Greensboro, Maryland, today. His descendants farmed on both sides of the Delaware/Maryland state line.
- The descendants of George Hurd (ca. 1767-after 1840), who first appears in the records of Kent County, Delaware around 1800. This Hurd family appears to have resided mostly in Delaware.
- The descendants of Thomas Hurd (ca. 1826-1867) and Rachel Foreacres, who resided in Kent County, Delaware. This Thomas Hurd may have been a grandson of George Hurd, but the connection is speculative at this point.
- The descendants of Daniel Hurd (ca. 1822-after 1880) and his wife Miriam.
- The descendants of Robert B. Hurd (1856-1918) and Lucy Snyder. This Hurd family originated in northeastern Pennsylvania and moved to Delaware in the 1800s.
- The Clark family of Kent County, Delaware, and Caroline County, Maryland, beginning with John Clark (1787-1870).
- The Dolan family of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, beginning with John Dolan (1805-1883) of Seegronan Townland outside Killeter, several of whose children emigrated to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A second Dolan family, descended from Francis Dolan (1789-1872), still lives in Killeter, but it is not clear if they are related to John Dolan's family.
- The Carr family of County Donegal, beginning with Simon Carr (1812-1888) of Pettigo, Templecarn Parish.
- The McGillin family of Philadelphia associated with McGillin's Olde Ale House on Drury Street, beginning with William "Pa" McGillin (1827-1901), born in the Plumbridge District of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. A related Philadelphia McGillin family is descended from Bernard McGillin of County Tyrone, perhaps a brother of William McGillin. A third McGillin family is descended from Thomas McGillin. If you reached this page from the McGillin Family History webpage, you can return there by clicking here.
If you would like to submit information for inclusion in this website, please use this Family Worksheet, or the "Worksheet" tab on any given individual or family page,
to send me new or additional data on members of the above families. There is also a "Submit Photo/Doc" tab that you can use to upload photographs or other documents to attach to a particular person's record. Thank you!
If you have any questions or comments about the information on this site, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best!